Friday 31 October 2014

My lifestyle change

I may have mentioned before I've lost almost 50lbs and I remember at the hardest parts of my journey I wanted to find more blogs by people in similar situations to help me on my way, I even attempted to write one myself but I wasn't very good at it and my head wasn't in the right place, but this time round it totally is! 
 It's taken over two years but this is my progress so far

 The good thing about it taking so long is that it's happened slow enough for me to understand and appreciate te process enough for me to never go back, I was so unhappy and it went deeper than vanity and looks, I just hated pretty much everything about myself, but not anymore!
 So how did I do it?
 I've tried pretty much everything going: cutting calories, cutting out food groups, pills, shakes, excessive exercise...they all worked but they're also so bad for you. Once I shifted the focus from weightloss to health (there's a difference) I really started to see results. It's so true that eating the right food as opposed to less food, and exercising in moderation, and listening to your body is the absolute best medicine!
 
 This last 18 months has really seen me educate myself about food and also kick my fitness into high gear. I've completed 30 day shred, insanity, c25k and t25 and loved them all, but NONE of them work without a good diet alongside it, trust me, you can't out train a bad diet!
 I'm currently on stage 5 of New Rules of Liftinf for Women and loving it, however I found that I got a bit too relaxed diet wise and maintained my weight for 3 months rather than shaking the last few lbs so I'm being more mindful of my eating and adding a cardio session or two a week too and I've already started dropping lbs again, woohoo!

 Here's my progress in numbers
 

And this is my current goal

I find goals easier to achieve when broken down like this otherwise I get overwhelmed. I know I'm not really fat anymore and I'm 1000% healthier than ever, but I'm stuck between sizes so I feel these goals will help me get to the lower size and feel more comfortable in my clothes as at the minute nothing fits well, and let's face it, why would I go for the bigger size?!

 I haven't gone into too much detail as everyone's different and what's worked for me might not help anyone else, but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

 Also look out for more progress, fitness and food related posts in the future! If anyone wants to add me on myfitnesspal my username is muc88 :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment