Saturday 31 January 2015

Off the radar

Hello!
 It's been a little while since I've written, I have no excuse, I'm just lazy, my apologies! I hope you all had a lovely festive season and 2015 is off to a good start, just thought I'd write a (not so) little post updating you on what I've been up to if you're all interested...with the aid of pictures to break the monotony!


 So on Christmas Day unfortunately I had to work so missed out on seeing my gorgeous nephews by the time I finished, but luckily I got to spend lots of time with Leila on her first Christmas, she had an amazing day, and also for the first time ever I got to change her nappy, which is the first time I've EVER changed a nappy, I feel very grown up now! New Year's Eve consisted of cooking a cottage pie, drinking White Russians, playing Cards Afainst Humanity and laughing a lot, see bottom left pic ^^ it was fabulous to stay home and see the ball drop with my favourites. New Year's Day saw us very hungover but again I got to spend time with Leila and it was a lovely day...sadly the hangover led to lots of pizza, cue bottom right pic!


New year saw me buy two more books in the New Rules of Lifting series, I've started NROL for abs and IT HURTS, but it hurts so good! I also got to try eggs benedict for the first time at a local cafe in Hartlepool called Pappa Caffs and it was unreal. I may have mentioned before that my best friend lives in London, so I was buzzing to bag myself tickets to see her in march at £16 each way, I can't wait! Bottom left pic is my make up stash, I was disgusted at how much crap I have as I reach for the same products all the time...a huge cull followed and I feel so relieved for it, until I went and bought 3 new red lipsticks, oops!


The top left pic is a print I framed for john for Christmas, we're both massive Harry Potter geeks and I also think the quote is quite meaningful. My eldest nephew Isaac turned two last week, time has flown! Bottom left is his not so little brother Ezra, chunky monkey! John and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary and he surprised me with Foo Fighters tickets, so excited!


 For our anniversary we went to Paris for a few days, it was the week after the terrorist attack however we still had a lovely time and there was a very peaceful and content atmosphere.


 Sadly on our return from Paris my beloved guinea pig Homer had a stroke and also some fits, he was going into respitory failure and I had to have him put to sleep, needless to say I'm heartbroken and quite frankly traumatised as I've never had to have a pet euthanised before, it was the best thing for him but it doesn't make it much easier and he's missed very much already.


 I've been trying to be good as my birthday is approaching, but because of losing Homer and other stressors that I won't go into, I've been craving comfort food which has led me making an effort to find healthy alternatives rather than deprive myself. I discovered chocolate Greek froyo in asda which is nothing short of unreal, I made peanut butter cups rather than buying Reeses versions, and who can resist a smile when there's boiled eggs like this on the go? I collect egg cups as I love dippy eggs and I want my own cafe with a chicken coop out the back (one day).


 As I said, it's my birthday coming up, I've taken some time off work and I have a weekend of fun planned next week, these are my outfit choices, I love both! Excuse my tired hair/face, insomnia is back with a vengeance lately.

 I've rambled on enough now I think, I'll save my birthday stuff for another post, hopefully it won't take a month again!

 If you're still reading, thank you!
 Speak soon :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment